The Saudi Tourism Authority is the official promoter of Visit Saudi.
The Authority was established to support the growth of the travel and tourism sector, by serving the needs of tourism companies and other commercial partners. For information on Saudi Arabia’s diverse and fascinating tourism offer, go to .
What We Do
• Manages the Saudi tourism brand; • Drives and coordinates marketing and communication efforts; • Develops destination concepts and value propositions; and • Identifies priority source markets and target visitor segments.
• Set up partnerships with all relevant stakeholders to promote KSA destinations; and • Support international destination management companies.
• identify opportunities for new products and services. • Develop journey map projects across ecosystem; • Set up journey labs to test innovative projects
The activities of the Saudi Tourism Authority are guided by a Board of Directors who have substantial relevant experience, both in Saudi Arabia and internationally. Together, our Board members bring a diverse range of skills and knowledge to inform the direction of the Authority.
Tourism in Saudi
Tourism development is an important driver of growth for the future of Saudi Arabia. It is one of the key pillars at the heart of Vision 2030’s plan to help diversify the economy and reduce reliance on oil. The Ministry of Tourism, the Saudi Tourism Authority and the Tourism Development Fund were established in line with international best practice and with clear remits to support the growth of this significant sector and help it to flourish.
Although the industry has been hit very hard by COVID-19, the Saudi Tourism Authority is optimistic that, as a comparatively new destination with significant latent growth potential, the sector has sufficient resilience to meet our medium and long-term growth targets.
Saudi Arabia launched tourist e-visas in September 2019. From September 2019 to March 2020 – when international travel was suspended due to the COVID-19 outbreak - Saudi Arabia issued more than 50,000 tourism visas. The Saudi Tourism Authority is working closely with the Ministry of Tourism and other stakeholders across the industry, including private sector leaders, the WTTC and the UNWTO, to develop the appropriate measures and initiatives to reopen the tourism sector as soon as it is safe to do so.
|Contribution to GDP||5.3%||10%+|
|New jobs created||836,000||1,000,000|
|Total visitation (including leisure, religious and MICE)||62M||100M|
The Saudi Tourism Ecosystem
The Saudi tourism ecosystem is governed by three national entities: the Ministry of Tourism; the Tourism Development Fund; and the Saudi Tourism Authority.
- Set tourism sector strategy and define policies - Regulate the tourism sector and enforce tourism policies - Define investment strategy and attract investors. - For more information, go to the Ministry of Tourism website.
- Promote Saudi Arabia as a global tourism destination and develop a leading tourism brand for the country. To learn more about Saudi Arabia as a tourism destination, go to the Visit Saudi website; - Develop the tourism sector by building commercial partnerships with relevant stakeholders and coordinate with KSA destinations and attractions to maximize target visits - Define and drive implementation of best-in-class products and experiences for visitors.
- Execute the investment strategy of the Ministry of Tourism - Design investment plans and support the provision of the required funding for the sector. - For more information, go to the Tourism Development Fund website.
The Saudi Tourism Authority operates a 24-hour customer care center. To help us direct your enquiry to the appropriate party, please provide as much information as you can in the form below.